Every month, Special Collections and Archives will highlight some of our newly processed collections. Here are some of the highlights for July.
University of Nevada, Las Vegas Gaming Web Archive, 2016-2022. MS-01020. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada. Explore the complete finding aid.
- The University of Nevada, Las Vegas Gaming Web Archive is comprised of archived websites collected since 2016 that represent gaming and gambling organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada and around the world. Websites in this collection represent casino hotels, lotteries, gaming commissions, and investor relations for various organizations including the Nevada Resort Association, Caesars Entertainment, Genting, MGM, Ainsworth Game Technology, and the North American Gaming Regulators Association.
- Subjects: Web sites; Gaming -- Las Vegas (Nev.); Lotteries -- United States; Corporations--Investor relations; Gambling industry
Hughes Aircraft Company Weapons System Publications, approximately 1965-2011. MS-01119. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada. Explore the complete finding aid.
- The Hughes Aircraft Company Weapons System Publications (approximately 1965-2011) contain brochures, booklets, photographs, and illustrations of the AWG-9/Phoenix Air Superiority Weapon Control System developed by Hughes Aircraft Company Aerospace Systems Division based in California. The collection contains photographs of various aircraft, as well as a Supersonic Naval Ordnance Research Track (SNORT) test at the Naval Ordnance Test Station near China Lake, California.
- Subjects: Hughes Aircraft Company; Proving grounds; Aerospace industries; Weapons system; Photographs
Bogie's Niteclub Revue Collection, 1969-1990. MS-01118. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada. Explore the complete finding aid.
- The Bogie's Niteclub Revue Collection (1969-1990) consists of photographs, flyers, and newspapers advertising Bogie's Niteclub, which ran the female impersonation (now known as drag) revue "Frivolous Follies" in Las Vegas, Nevada. Images include performers on stage, portraits, and publictiy photographs of members of "Frivolous Follies," which was renamed "Vive les Boys" in 1984. Issues of Las Vegas Mirror and Vegas magazine are also included, and contain advertisements for Bogie's Niteclub drag shows and male strip shows. Also included in the collection is a single photograph of Stewart Randall Armstrong, who was born and raised in Las Vegas and passed away from AIDS in 1994. The collection was donated in his honor.
- Subjects: Bogie's Niteclub; Photographs; Female impersonators; Drag performance; LGBTQ+ bars