Increase the impact and reach of your scholarly research by participating in the University Libraries' annual Research Impact Challenge. The challenge takes place over 5 days during the fall semester and will help you learn more about citation metrics, altmetrics, and other methods by completing daily challenges.
Advantages of increasing your research impact and reach
Demonstrating research impact helps to show the importance of your work and how it affects and influences different communities within your discipline and outside of it. Sharing your research widely also helps to raise the profile of UNLV as a whole.
What you'll gain from the challenge
- Learn to tell the story of your research's impact on your field, the community, and the world.
- Discover valuable resources to help navigate career milestones such as graduation, job searches, funding applications, and tenure reviews.
- An understanding of how to demonstrate the impact of your research using a variety of methods
For further reading and resources related to the challenge, please visit our Demonstrate Impact and Manage Your Scholarly Reputation resource guide.
2023 Research Impact Challenge
This year's challenge is completed! Thank you to everyone that participated! You can still do the challenge on your own - check out the information below.
These daily challenges will help you
- Curate your online presence
- Make your scholarly works more discoverable and accessible
- Leverage the tools and services available through the University Libraries to tell your research’s story and demonstrate its impact
- Track citations and other mentions of your scholarship
If you have any questions, need assistance with a daily challenge, or want to learn more about ways to increase the reach and impact of your scholarship, please reach out to Christina Miskey, Research Impact Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.