We provide data consultation and instructional support for students, researchers, and instructors. This includes identification and use of data and tools associated with data collection, preparation, curation, management, analysis, and visualization.
We help researchers with diverse backgrounds identify and work with a variety of data-related tools, and provide consultations, instructional sessions, and workshops.
Request a Consultation
- Appointments and private consultations are available via the Lied Technology Consultations page.
- If you are a UNLV instructor and would like instruction for your class, please complete the request form.
Consultation and Instruction Topics Include
- Finding and creating data: We can help you locate appropriate data sources as well as navigate copyright concerns around using open data. In addition, we can advise on best practices in relation to data creation, including assisting with ensuring proper documentation and research reproducibility.
- Data preparation: We can assist you with issues that you may encounter regarding preparing data for visualization and analysis, including organizing, merging, and cleaning data. In addition to providing individual consultations, we can arrange instruction around principles and supported software.
- Data analysis and visualization: We can assist you with identifying proper methods and software used for data analysis and visualization. We can help you navigate areas such as understanding output and locating tutorials or documentation. In addition to providing individual consultations, we can arrange instruction around principles and supported software.
- Data Management Plans: In conjunction with Scholarly Communications Initiatives we will help you understand what is required, what to include, and how to submit Data Management Plans.
- To find out more about data management plans, see Writing a Data Management Plan
- Additional support: We can advise you on topics related to introductory programming with Python. This includes finding resources related to additional training and advising on appropriate libraries for projects related to preparing, analyzing, managing, and visualizing data.
Trainings and workshops
Learn more about data management best practices or foundational computing research skills. View upcoming UNLV Library Workshops.
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
Looking for specific software at Lied Library? Check out Computer Locations and Availability.