The University Libraries is a welcoming and inclusive place for learning. We foster innovation, knowledge creation and discovery, and academic achievement to enrich our UNLV and Southern Nevada communities.
Graduate lifelong learners, inspire transformative research, connect diverse communities.
- Everyone deserves a welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environment where they are treated with respect and dignity.
- Holistic student success should be fostered.
- Our work should be driven by the needs of our communities.
- All users have the right to equitable and ready access to information.
- Intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning should be nurtured.
- Collaboration and diverse perspectives enhance our work.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The University Libraries is open to all people and affirms its commitment and dedication to diversity, inclusion, equity, and cultural awareness. We welcome everyone, including people of color, immigrants, adherents of all belief systems or religions and those that do not profess or practice a religion, people of all genders and sexual orientations, and all other members of marginalized communities or oppressed groups. We encourage discovery and learning in spaces where all people are respected and protected. Within our spaces, we seek to protect everyone from all forms of hostility and oppression, including sexism, misogyny, ableism, racism, classism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, and religious persecution.
As a library, we defend intellectual freedom, oppose censorship, and uphold our commitment to the free and open exchange of ideas and viewpoints that is the very foundation of democracy and a part of our campus mission. We honor the voices and lived experiences of all members of our community. We see it as fundamental to the Libraries’ mission to foster a sense of belonging and to provide welcoming and inclusive surroundings where all people are treated with respect and dignity.