Requirements For Off-Campus Access
Most databases and e-journals require authentication before they can be accessed off-campus.
For access you need to:
- Be a currently enrolled student or a currently employed faculty or staff member. Due to licensing restrictions required by publishers who produce electronic resources, off-campus access to the databases is limited to authorized users. Only currently enrolled students or currently employed staff or faculty of UNLV can access licensed databases from off-campus. Alumni are not eligible for this privilege.
- Possess an ACE account.
Use your ACE account for off-campus access. For more information contact the Circulation Department at 702-895-2111.
- Have internet access and one of the most current versions of the web browser you use.
You must be running the most current version of IE, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to connect from off-campus. Some databases only work with certain browsers. If you are having trouble accessing materials, try using a different browser before seeking technical help.
Access for Distance Students and Other Off-Campus Users
- If you do not have a RebelCard, you may need to fill out the Library Barcode Registration & Update Form.
- To access any database, simply click on the database you wish to use from the A-Z Databases List.
- You should see a screen asking for your ACE account username and password.
Getting Help With Off-Campus Or Remote Access
- Problem Report Form
Report an access problem to the Libraries and receive a response within 2 working days.
- Ask a Librarian
Get the help you need by chatting online with a librarian, sending an email or phoning the Research & Information Department.
- RefWorks Group Code
Off-campus RefWorks users can find UNLV's Group Code by entering their ACE account information here and following the RefWorks link. If you do not have an ACE account, campus OIT can help.