Every month, Special Collections and Archives will highlight some of our newly processed collections. Here are some of the highlights for October.
University of Nevada, Las Vegas Solar Decathlon Records, 2013-2021. UA-00075. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada. Explore the complete finding aid.
- The University of Nevada, Las Vegas Solar Decathlon Records (2013-2021) are comprised of records documenting the University of Nevada, Las Vegas's participation in the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Decathlon collegiate competition. The collection includes records created by the 2013, 2017, and 2020 UNLV teams (Team Las Vegas) in designing and building their respective competition entries: DesertSol, Sinatra Living, and Mojave Bloom. Records include competition application files, working project files, As-Built submittal packets, and promotional and marketing files for the competition. The majority of records in this collection represent the 2017 competition. Archived websites and social media accounts associated with Team Las Vegas and the Solar Decathlon competition are also included in the collection. The records document Team Las Vegas's efforts in designing and building energy efficient homes for the Solar Decathlon competition.
- Subjects: Solar energy; Architecture; Engineering; Building designers
Tony F. Sanchez III oral history interview, 2018 August 31. OH-03462. Oral History Research Center, Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Oral history interview with Tony F. Sanchez III conducted by Barbara Tabach and Claytee D. White on August 31, 2018 for the Latinx Voices of Southern Nevada Oral History Project. In this interview, Sanchez describes his role as the Senior Vice President of NV Energy, and his past experience working for Senator Richard Bryan. He discusses his educational background as a University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) graduate and attending Arizona State University Law School. Sanchez also describes his role as a past president of Latin Chamber of Commerce in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Subjects: Oral histories; Energy industries; Latin Americans; Latin Chamber of Commerce (Nev.)
University of Nevada, Las Vegas Creative Services Records, 1959-2016. PH-00388. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada. Explore the complete finding aid.
- The University of Nevada, Las Vegas Creative Services Records (1959-2016) consist of photographic negatives, contact sheets, and slides produced by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas as an official record of the institution's development, activities, and community. Clients include UNLV colleges and departments, the University's administration, the UNLV Foundation, athletic departments, and the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). Images include academic activities, athletic events, faculty and administration, student life, campus life, campus development, and public relations.
- Subjects: Student activities; University and college buildings; Photographs; University of Nevada, Las Vegas; College sports; Public relations; Digital files