Every month, Special Collections and Archives will highlight some of our newly processed collections. Here are some of the highlights for October.
Robert Lang Professional Papers, 1976-2020. MS-01143. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada. Explore the complete Robert Lang finding aid.
- The Robert Lang Professional Papers (1976-2020) mainly contain urban planning research and reports from former University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) professor and public policy expert Robert Lang. Materials represent different public policy related projects and issues Lang worked on when he was employed with the Fannie Mae Foundation in Washington, D.C., and Brookings Mountain West and the Lincy Institute at UNLV. Materials also include Lang's teaching files which include course syllabi, class presentation slides, and course readers. Research, notes, and drafts of Lang's books including Boomburbs: The Rise of America's Accidental Cities, Edgeless Cities: Exploring the Elusive Metropolis, and Blue Metros, Red States: The Shifting Urban-Rural Divide in America's Swing States are also represented in the collection. The collection also includes documentation for invited conferences and events documenting different conferences and events, copies of Black's Guide for commercial real estate in the United States.
- Subjects: Suburbs -- United States; Urban Planning -- Las Vegas -- Nevada; research (documents); faculty papers; Research institutes; Brookings Institution; University of Nevada, Las Vegas. The Lincy Institute
James McQuade Erotic Comics, approximately 1970-2022. MS-01159. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada. Explore the complete James McQuade finding aid.
- The James McQuade Erotic Comics (approximately 1970-2022) contain 12 copies of James McQuade's Adventures of Misty and two issues of his Misty & The Valkyries adult comic books published by Forbidden Fruit in the early 1990s. The materials also contain original sketch pads, clippings, email correspondence, and source materials used in McQuade's artwork.
- Subjects: Comic books, strips, etc.; Artists; Erotic drawing; Illustrators
Nancy Wier Papers on Rock Art in Southern Nevada, approximately 1930-2003. MS-01156. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada. Explore the complete Nancy Wier finding aid.
- The Nancy Wier Papers on Rock Art in Southern Nevada (approximately 1930-2003) contain photographs, notes, research, and publications focused on rock art (rock writing) found in the Southern Nevada Region. Wier founded the Southern Nevada Rock Art Enthusiasts (SNRAE) in 1992, and the photograph albums document trips across Nevada, Southern California, Utah, and Arizona. The photograph albums are grouped by site location, and the description was taken directly from Wier's albums. The majority of the collection documents rock writings in Southern Nevada.
- Subjects: Landscape photography; photographs; Petroglyphs; Southern Nevada