Services and initiatives offered to the local P12 community
We sponsor a variety of initiatives and services focused on the local P12 community. These center primarily on the professional development of teachers and school librarians.
- Access research materials and curriculum resources
- Use of University Libraries facilities
- Printing and production services at the Teacher Development and Resources Library
- Individual and group research consultations
- Guest speakers/lecture series (e.g., children’s and young adult literature authors)
- Literacy development workshops in partnership with the Gayle A. Zeiter Literacy Development Center
- Professional development workshops
- Planned class field trips to the UNLV University Libraries
Comprehensive P12 outreach opportunities/initiatives have included:
- Co-hosting the Gayle A. Zeiter Children’s and Young Adult Literature Conference.
- Co-hosting the Summit on the Research and Teaching of Young Adult Literature.
Teacher Development and Resource Library (TDRL)
Located within the Carlson Education Building (CEB)
TDRL is devoted to the development of Southern Nevada P12 educators and supports the teacher education programs within the UNLV College of Education.
More than 30,000 items across a wide range of collections:
- Board Books
- Picture Books
- Early Readers
- Juvenile Fiction
- Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile/Young Adult Nonfiction
- Graphic Novels
- Hi-Lo Books
- World Languages
- Professional Development
Students and Southern Nevada educators can engage with TDRL staff members to find solutions to their teaching/educational needs and take advantage of the variety of resources, services, and expertise the TDRL offers.