Guidelines for acceptance of gift materials
The University Libraries welcomes book donations and other formats that enhance the Libraries ability to support the teaching and research missions of the University.
- Gifts are accepted with the understanding and agreement that the University Libraries make all necessary decisions as to retention, use, and discard.
- A list that includes title, author and date of publication must be prepared by the donor for the Libraries to check for duplicates already in the collection before any items can be accepted. The list should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The only exception is if the donations are already housed in a faculty office or elsewhere on the UNLV campus where a library liaison can physically examine them prior to possible transfer to the Libraries.
- For the main Lied collection, there is interest in new, high quality, scholarly books and items in other formats. Other collections (see below) have more specific interests.
- Items generally not needed include magazines and journals, newspapers, or anything in poor physical condition.
- Materials dropped off at the Libraries without previous communication with Collections, Interlibrary Loan and Acquisitions will not be added to the collections.
Donating to other UNLV libraries
Special Collections and Archives
Please note that Special Collections and Archives (located in Lied Library) has a separate gift policy and procedures outlined on the Special Collections donating materials page. If donors have gifts that would possibly strengthen the materials in Special Collections and Archives, they should contact them directly at 702-895-2234.
School of Medicine Library
Learn more about the School of Medicine Library policy for the donation of gift materials.
Appraisal and acknowledgement
Staff of the University Libraries cannot provide appraisal of value for books or other materials. Written acknowledgement will be provided on request.
Delivery and pickup
Pickup is not offered beyond the UNLV campus. Campus pickup may be available but must be negotiated.
Contact us to make a donation
Please contact Jaryn Galarpe at email@example.com if you want to donate items for the collection. Please provide a list that includes title, author and date of publication in the email.
We gratefully accept monetary gifts for use in building the collections or other purposes. Please contact Libraries Development at 702-895-2286 or use the online donation giving form.
Other donation locations