This virtual educational series will feature university and community experts discussing issues on race and seeking solutions for a more inclusive society.
Topics will include race-related media coverage, economics, health care, criminal justice, education, and how we move forward.
Host: Claytee White
Director, UNLV Oral History Research Center
Episode 2: We Need To Talk About Criminal Justice (Oct. 1, 5:30 p.m.)
- Frank Rudy Cooper, Director for the Program on Race, Gender & Policing, UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law
- Greg McCurdy, Security Consultant and Retired Assistant Sheriff, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
- Tyler D. Parry, Assistant Professor of African American and African Diaspora Studies, UNLV
Episode 1: Introduction (Sept. 17, 5:30 p.m.)
- A.B. Wilkinson, Associate Professor of History, UNLV
- Brenda Williams, President & Founder, Westside School Alumni Foundation
- Kevin Wright, Assistant Director for Student Diversity, UNLV
Live streaming provided by UNLV TV.
Future episode dates
- Oct. 1
- Oct. 14
- Oct. 29
- Nov. 12
- Nov. 19
- Dec. 3
All panels will stream at 5:30 p.m.
This companion guide to the panel series, We Need To Talk, is hosted in collaboration with Special Collections & Archives and the Oral History Research Center.
Additional funding for this series provided by UNLV University Libraries Advisory Board Members Sara Mason & Geri Tomich.
If you would like make a donation to support We Need To Talk or our other diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, consider making a gift to the University Libraries.