This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 10 and 15 hours per week. Although scheduled shifts are dependent on student assistant’s availability and the operational priorities and needs of the division and/or department, Interlibrary Loan student assistants usually work from Monday to Friday between 9:00 – 5:00 depends on class schedule.
Interlibrary Loan student assistant processes requests promptly, and supports the research and teaching needs of UNLV faculty, staff and students.
- Processes incoming and outgoing interlibrary loan materials using Interlibrary Loan management system.
- Finds and provides UNLV faculty, staff and students with UNLV owned items.
- Handles patron notification and communicate about loan arrivals/due date.
- Sends items to CSN and NSC.
- Answers phone and directing calls as appropriate.
- Digitizes materials.
- Prepares packages and create FedEx shipping labels.
- Monitors Interlibrary Loan email account.
- Assists patrons over the phone, in person or email.
- Assists in pulling and preparing books for the Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Organizes and maintains work areas.
Sitting at a computer screen, physically lifting and moving materials weighing up to 40 lbs., maneuvering book trucks weighing up to 100 lbs., bending and stretching, and exposure to dust. Capable of reading labels for shelving and shelf reading.
* Ability to lift up to 40lbs
* Ability to push and pull fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 100lbs
* Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
* Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
* Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Communicates well with Interlibrary Loan supervisor and co-workers