This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 8 and 12 hours per week on the following days – i.e.,, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5 pm. Scheduled shifts are dependent on student assistant’s availability and the operational priorities and needs of the division and/or department.
The Continuing Resources and Collections student assistant will provide support to the department by performing tasks such as checking in periodicals, inventory of patron donations, and data input. Performing these tasks daily, while working in an independent environment.
- Check in library periodicals for all libraries (Lied, Architecture, Music, and Teacher Development and Resource Learning center).
- Take inventory of all physical donations given to the library.
- Record electronic usage statistics
- Attend training sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned
Sitting at a computer screen, physically lifting and moving materials weighing up to 50 lbs., maneuvering book trucks weighing up to 100 lbs., bending and stretching, and exposure to dust. Capable of reading labels for shelving and shelf reading.
* Ability to lift up to 40lbs
* Ability to push and pull fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 100lbs
* Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
* Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
* Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred
* Experience working in a library environment preferred