This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 10 and 20 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are dependent on student assistant’s availability and the operational priorities and needs of the division and/or department.
Computer Help Desk Assistants provide expert assistance at the Lied Library Computer Help Desk; a bustling service desk on the first floor of Lied Library. The primary purpose of this position is to provide consultation and troubleshooting for the UNLV community engaging with various equipment and software at Lied Library.
- Assist users with navigating software such as Microsoft Office
- Provide guidance in basic audio and video recording and editing technologies
- Ensure users are following proper policies and procedures when using equipment
- Answer basic informational and directional questions by phone or in person
- Assist users with connecting to wifi, basic printing, scanning, and photocopying
- Supply and refill the printers with toners and paper
- Record user statistics
Sitting at a computer screen, physically lifting and moving materials weighing up to 40 lbs., maneuvering book trucks weighing up to 100 lbs., bending and streching, and exposure to dust.
- Customer service skills and high energy level
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a library environment