This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 10 and 15 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, with operation hours between 8am to 4pm.
Assisting the Library Technician 2 with the daily operations of the Acquisitions Unit
- Put call number labels on cataloged materials, i.e. books, DVDs, CDs, etc.
- Open and verify incoming shipment/items with the invoices.
- Assist with checking records of items received that are in the collection.
- Collaborate with documenting instructions/procedures.
- Expanded duties when and as needed.
Sitting at a computer screen, physically lifting and moving materials weighing up to 50 lbs., maneuvering book trucks weighing up to 100 lbs., bending and stretching, and exposure to dust. Handle repetitive work as stated in the aforementioned “DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES” section.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to push and pull fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 100lbs
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience with computer skills