This temporary student assistant position is scheduled for 12 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, with operation hours between 8 am to 3 pm.
Assisting the Library Technician 2 with the daily operations of the Acquisitions Unit
- Put call number labels on cataloged materials, i.e. books, DVDs, CDs, etc.
- Open and verify incoming shipment/items with the invoices.
- Assist with checking records of items received that are in the collection.
- Collaborate with documenting instructions/procedures.
- Putting spend codes on invoices.
- Receive and process print serials
- Expanded duties when and as needed.
Sitting at a computer screen, physically lifting and moving materials weighing up to 50 lbs., maneuvering book trucks weighing up to 100 lbs., bending and stretching, and exposure to dust. Handle repetitive work as stated in the aforementioned “DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES” section.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Ability to push and pull fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 100lbs
Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills