A new online system is available to reserve ASL’s group study rooms.
Study Room Guidelines
ASL group study rooms are available to UNLV students for academic use only. All other meeting spaces and classrooms in the ASL are restricted for library staff and internal operational use only.
Group Study Rooms are designed exclusively for groups of three or more users. Individuals or pairs studying in these spaces must immediately surrender the room in favor of groups wanting the space. The number of users in each room must not exceed the posted maximum occupancy limit. The use of group study rooms for commercial or non-academic uses is prohibited. NOTE: Student reserving the room MUST be present at the time of use & will be held accountable for any policy violations, such as non-academic or commercial activities. (If someone uses your ACE account without your consent, please notify campus OIT 702-895-0777 right away).
(in addition to the Libraries’ Expectations for User Conduct):
- Groups are to be considerate of other library users, talking should be kept at conversational levels appropriate for an academic environment.
- Each individual assumes responsibility for the conduct of all group members and the condition of the room.
- Unattended personal property does not reserve group study rooms, and is subject to immediate removal by Library Security or University Police.
- Users are not to limit or block access to rooms.
- Food and beverages are allowed in compliance with the Libraries Food and Drink Policy.
- Use of rolling dry erase boards inside rooms is prohibited.
- The number of users in each room must not exceed the posted maximum occupancy limit.
All group study rooms in the ASL are reservable by UNLV students only, in adherence to the guidelines below. Rooms cannot be held by individuals or pairs for later group arrival.
- Room reservations are available to UNLV students only and exclusively for a group of 3 or more.
- Make reservations directly by logging into the online system with an active ACE account. Library staff cannot modify a reservation or provide reservation details.
- Priority is given to groups with reservations over groups using a room on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservation options begins on the quarter hour (:00, :15, :30, :45) for periods ranging from 1 to 3 hours.
- Rooms can be reserved up to two weeks in advance but users may have only one active reservation in the system at a time.
- There is a 15-minute grace period for group arrival before the space becomes available for other users.