Are your students having trouble finding journal articles?
Are they using flawed or inappropriate internet information?
Can they cite resources correctly?
May we suggest...
- A consultation with your subject librarian about strategies to address these challenges, either through tweaks to your assignment design or activities to better prepare students to succeed on your assignment
- Including contact information for your subject librarian in your syllabus
- Direct students to specific databases or resource collections (print, electronic, multimedia) in your syllabus
- Link to the library subject or course guide from your syllabus.
- If there isn't yet a guide for your course contact your subject librarian.
- The WebCampus Toolkit provides tips on linking to different types of library resources for smooth on- and off-campus access.