This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 10 and 15 hours per week on the following days, Monday through Friday,12 pm – 4 pm.
Mailroom and receiving student assistant provide prompt, accurate, courteous customer service while performing a variety of Libraries mailroom and receiving responsibilities supporting University Libraries.
Lied Library Mailroom and Receiving
- Monitor receiving area, for incoming or outgoing materials, greet and assist vendors with pickups and deliveries.
- Clean and organize the receiving area.
- Inventory printer cartridges.
- Receive mail and deliveries from several vendors.
- Sort through mail and deliver mail to multiple mail stops in library.
- Manage outgoing mail, fill out mailing slips, look- up mail codes, print mail slips for outgoing mail.
- Deliver mail to other library branches.
- Assist staff and other student workers with mail requests.
- Restock supplies in mailroom.
- Record Fedex deliveries.
- Answer basic informational questions by phone and in-person.
- Fire alarm procedures, place DO NOT ENTER sign on exit door when exiting building during a fire alarm.
- Report maintenance or security problems (spills, broken equipment etc.) to supervisor or safety personnel.
Sitting at a computer screen, physically lifting and moving materials up to 50 lbs., maneuvering pallet jacks and hand trucks weighing up to 100 lbs., bending and stretching and exposure to dust. Capable of reading labels and numbers for sorting mail.
- Customer service skills and high energy level
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull full pallets up to 100 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience working in a library environment or receiving area.