This temporary student assistant position is scheduled between 10 and 20 hours per week on the following days – Monday through Friday. Work is performed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Scheduled shifts are dependent on the operational needs of the department and the student’s availability.
Student Assistants in the Libraries Administration office perform front office reception duties where they provide excellent in-person and telephone customer service to all Library staff, students, guests or patrons. Student Assistants also provide support to all Administration departments, including the Dean and Dean’s Assistant, Associate Deans, the Business Manager, departments of Development and Communication, the Event Coordinator, Human Resources, Assessment, and Administrative Assistants.
- Front office reception coverage, to include answering phones and greeting visitors with a high level of professionalism.
- Providing support to all Administration departments while understanding, and clarifying, priorities of tasks. Support includes, but is not limited to, performing room setups for events, unlocking meeting rooms prior to scheduled meetings, assisting with mailings, and printing and distributing monthly telephone billing.
- Maintain office area, to include keeping copier/printers stocked with paper, updating the whiteboard calendar, maintain inventory of office supplies and ordering as needed, filing, shredding, mail distribution, and produce copies and packets as requested.
- Make deliveries/pickups within Lied Library, the branches, and elsewhere on campus.
- Perform research activities as requested.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Administration office, especially the kitchenette and file room.
- University Libraries’ Administration Student Assistants hear, read, and work with information that is confidential and are expected to maintain appropriate confidentiality and discretion at all times, as stated in the Department Student Employee Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Sitting at a computer screen, physically moving tables and lifting/moving chairs, moving about making deliveries (both indoors and outdoors).
- Customer service skills and high energy level
- Ability to lift and move tables and chairs
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Performs independently and able to remain flexible when changes are needed
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills