Mission to Support Southern Nevada's Business Community
One of our key missions is to advance Southern Nevada’s economic development. We do this by providing targeted outreach to the full range of businesses in the community.
Outreach to Business Community
- The Dean of UNLV University Libraries presents at business leaders group luncheons and local executive conferences.
- Patrick Griffis, business librarian, works with the Nevada Small Business Development Center’s NxLeveL Entrepreneurship Course and the Nevada Industry Excellence Exportech Program to provide customized research services and workshops that speak to the specific needs of businesses and entrepreneurs.
- The Libraries' Center for Gaming Research provides support for scholarly inquiry into all aspects of gambling, including the business of gaming, its economic and social impacts and its historical and cultural manifestations. Information produced by the Center includes:
- Monthly Reports: Nevada Gaming Revenue; Nevada Gaming Statistics, state by state jurisdiction
- Statistics collected by state gaming regulators from around the world
- Gaming company history, news, and stock information
- Occasional Paper Series that publishes brief studies of gambling and casinos with a focus on policy and public-interest
- Podcasts featuring audio presentations from the Gaming Research Colloquium Series, interviews with gaming authors and researchers
Library Services For the Business Community
On-site Access to Online Databases
- Community users have in-house access to hundreds of databases in all subjects (with occasional exceptions due to some product licenses) including a selected list of business online subscription databases.
- We provide a suite of dedicated guest computers for accessing online databases located on the 1st floor of Lied Library.
- Users may also check out materials
- Search for items either in-house or remotely.
Specialized Research Assistance
- UNLV has several library faculty who are subject experts to provide individual, in-depth consultation.
- Please start by contacting Business Librarian Patrick Griffis. He will either provide the research assistance needed, or connect the individual to the appropriate librarian.
Workshops on Demand
- Group workshops may be scheduled if there is a need for in-depth information on resources and services.
- Workshops will be tailored to research needs and designed to help participants develop the abilities to identify, access, evaluate and make effective use of resources in various formats.
- For additional information or to schedule a session, please contact Business Librarian Patrick Griffis.