UNLV University Libraries (Libraries) is the only research library system in the region, providing a wide range of diverse and high quality digital information resources and services. It licenses and offers hundreds of databases in all subjects—including business—onsite and free to the community. Additionally, a nationally recognized team of library faculty who are subject experts provide users with individual and in-depth consultation.
Key to the Libraries’ mission is to be an agent of positive change in advancing Southern Nevada’s economic development. To this end, it provides targeted outreach to the full range of businesses that are the foundation of stability and growth in all industries. Participants in outreach efforts include the Dean, the Business Librarian, and the Director for the Libraries Center for Gaming Research. Dean of University Libraries Patricia Iannuzzi, presents at business leaders group luncheons, and local executive conferences. Patrick Griffis, business librarian, worked with the Nevada Small Business Development Center’s NxLevel Entrepreneurship Course and the Nevada Industry Excellence Exportech Program to provide customized research services and workshops that speak to the specific needs of businesses and entrepreneurs. The Libraries also hosts the popular Business by the Book workshop series, which provides a hands-on environment where business owners and managers learn how to identify, access and utilize the Libraries’ powerful and reliable information resources to study local market trends.
Director of the Libraries Center for Gaming Research, Dr. David Schwartz, is an expert on the history of gambling, gaming statistics, casino surveillance and security, gaming and technology, casinos and social media, and in general, the research and analysis of gaming data. The Libraries Center for Gaming Research provides support for scholarly inquiry into all aspects of gambling, including the business of gaming, its economic and social impacts and its historical and cultural manifestations. Information produced by the Center includes:
- Monthly Reports: Nevada Gaming Revenue; Nevada Gaming Statistics, state by state jurisdiction
- Statistics collected by state gaming regulators from around the world
- Gaming company history, news, and stock information
- Occasional Paper Series that publishes brief studies of gambling and casinos with a focus on policy and public-interest
- Podcasts featuring audio presentations from the Gaming Research Colloquium Series, interviews with gaming authors and researchers
UNLV University Libraries serves as an information gateway for businesses in the region. We invite you to explore our online resources by accessing the following links, or visit our facilities and discover the knowledge we offer to help your business flourish.
- University Libraries Business Community Resources & Services
- University Libraries Small Business Information Gateway
- University Libraries Business by the Book Workshop Series
- UNLV Libraries Center for Gaming Research