The University Libraries focuses on fulfilling the needs of library users as our primary goal. You can help make a difference by enhancing the library experience for students, staff and community members. The University libraries provides a variety of positions for you to learn new skill sets that you can use throughout your college career and beyond.
Per the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Emergency COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Policy, all NSHE employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious waiver request. All candidates for employment must have this information on file with Human Resources prior to their start date. Information about how the policy applies to new hires is now available on the COVID-19 Employee Vaccine Mandate webpage.
Benefits Of Working At The University Libraries
- Flexible day, weekend, and evening hours to suit your schedule.
- Campus work locations include UNLV main campus and the Shadow Lane campus.
- The opportunity to continue working for the University Libraries in subsequent semesters.
- Work experience for your resume (customer service, technology, working with others, working in a professional environment, etc.).
- An opportunity to earn a certificate from the University Libraries Student Assistant Professional Development Program.
- Hourly rate of $10.
How To Apply For A University Libraries Student Assistant Position
|1.||SEARCH JOBS||The first step is carefully review the duties, required skills, and knowledge of each job to determine if you meet the minimum requirements.|
|2.||APPLY ONLINE||List all the skills and experience you possess that qualify you for the position. You are encouraged to attach a resume and interest letter with your application. It is extremely important to complete the availability portion for the application as the Library is committed to working around your class schedule.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the jobs posted?
- Find available student jobs
- Jobs remain posted online until they have been filled.