The 2021-22 Open Educational Resource (OER) Faculty Learning Group has been selected. Members of this new learning group include:
- James Andro-Vasko (Computer Science)
- Lianne Barnes (Psychology)
- Jorge Fonseca Cacho (Computer Science)
- Sheila Clark (Environmental and Occupational Health)
- Timothy Grigsby (Environmental and Occupational Health)
- Jennifer Heath (Liberal Arts)
- Dolly Jorgensen (Computer Science)
- Edward Jorgensen (Computer Science)
- Danielle Roth-Johnson (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Homer Simms (English)
- Denise Tillery (Liberal Arts)
Cohort members are committed to reducing student textbook costs through the use of OERs in UNLV classrooms. They will spend the next year learning about OERs, textbook fee-reduction techniques, and open pedagogy before using one or more OERs in a future UNLV course.
The OER Faculty Learning Group is a partnership between the office of information technology, the office of online education, the Faculty Center, the University Libraries, and the UNLV Bookstore.