Mobile printing is available for those with a valid ACE account and RebelCard.
Steps to submit and release a print job to Pharos Mobile Print
Make sure your mobile device is on the Eduroam or UNLV-sponsored wifi networks.
Step 1: Send Document to Print
- Open your UNLV student email account. Send or forward the document(s) to be printed (as attachments) to the email address email@example.com
- Only the attachments in the emails can be configured to print. The email itself will not print.
Step 2: Receive reply email from MobilePrint
- After the email is submitted, you will receive a return email showing a list of submitted documents from Pharos Mobile Printing. It also contains brief instructions on how to print the document(s).
- Note, you will need your ACE login to register your email address if you have not printed in the library.
Step 3: Release the Documents
- Proceed to any designated mobile Pharos Printer. Scan your student ID in the card reader:
- Identify your print job by your ACE account
- Press the [Print] icon on the printer station screen for each document you want to print.
File types that can be printed
|Microsoft® Word||.doc, .docx, .dot|
|Microsoft® Excel||.xls, .xlt,.xlsx, .xltx, .xltm, .xlsm|
|Microsoft® PowerPoint||.ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .pps, .potx, .ppsx|
|Microsoft® Visio||.vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, .vtx, .vdw|
|Microsoft® Outlook||.msg, .eml|
|OpenDocument||.odt, .ods, .ott, .odp|
|Comma Separated Values||.csv|
|Adobe Portable Document Format|
|Rich Text Format||.rtf|
|Image formats||.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp|
Q: Can I print the body of the email I submit?
A: Mobile Printing is configured to only print the attachments and not the body of the email.
Q: How many attachments can I submit for printing?
A: There is a limit of 10 attachments per email accepted and 100 emails per day for each user.
Q: Which printers are available for mobile printing?
A: There are designated mobile printing areas at all libraries (Lied, Architecture, Music, TDRL and Law Computer Lab).