About Course Reserves
Course Reserves refer to items which have been selected by faculty members to supplement specific courses. Physical reserve items for COE courses can be made accessible at either the TDRL or Lied Library.
Physical Reserves - Students
Physical reserve items at the TDRL are located behind the TDRL service desk. Please ask a staff member for access.
Items can include library owned materials or items belonging to faculty members. Check out periods for reserve items are 2 hours, 24 hours, 3 days or 7 days (check out periods are decided by faculty members).
Electronic Reserves - Students
As of Spring 2015, electronic reserves are found exclusively through WebCampus. Please login to WebCampus and check your course page, or follow up with your instructor.
Physical Reserves - Faculty
To request items be placed on reserve at the TDRL, faculty members need to fill out a Reserves Information and Release Form and select the TDRL as the Reserves Library.
TDRL reserve items are typically processed within 48 hours, but during peak periods processing can take longer. Reserve items being pulled from other UNLV University Libraries locations and sent to the TDRL may take longer to process. Recalled items can take an additional 2-3 weeks to receive and process.
Items are removed from the TDRL Reserves Collection at the end of each semester. We are not responsible for patron lost or damaged items of faculty owned materials.
- Reserve Release Forms must be filled out each semester regardless of whether items were on reserve prior semesters.
- Faculty members need to provide all non-library owned items to be placed on physical reserves.
Items not accepted for TDRL physical reserves include:
- Any materials that students are expected to purchase such as coursepacks
- Unbound library/personal materials
- Individual articles and/or binders/packets of articles or book chapters
Faculty/Instructors may request that ARCs or galley bound items be placed on TDRL reserve under the following conditions:
- Item is children's/young adult literature
- The faculty member/instructor provides a copy of the item.
- The item's publication date is after the start of the semester.
For questions about TDRL physical reserves, please use our contact form or call the TDRL Service Desk at (702) 895-3593 and ask to speak to the supervisor on duty. Additional information can be found at the following links:
Electronic Reserves Instructions - Faculty
Electronic Reserves are done exclusively within WebCampus. If you need assistance with adding electronic reserves to your WebCampus course, please contact the Reserves Coordinator (702-895-5281) at Lied Library. The TDRL does not process electronic reserves.