About The TDRL
Located in Carlson Education Building (CEB) room 101, the Teacher Development & Resources Library (TDRL) supports the teacher education programs within the UNLV College of Education as well as P12 educators in the Las Vegas community. With more than 30,000 items across a wide range of collections (including children’s and young adult literature, professional materials for educators, graphic novels, P12 textbooks, and activity kits), the TDRL is a leading resource center for Southern Nevada’s education community. Students and Southern Nevada educators can engage with TDRL staff members to find solutions to their teaching/educational needs and take advantage of the variety of resources, services, and expertise the TDRL offers.
The Teacher Development & Resources Library will represent the future of curriculum materials centers and empower pre- and in-service educators to discover, evaluate, and incorporate inclusive materials into every classroom.
The Teacher Development & Resources Library contributes to the success of Southern Nevada’s pre-service and in-service educators by providing academic and professional research support. Our primary focus is on the promotion of contemporary inclusive curriculum materials which reflect the diverse identities and needs of the P-12 students in our communities.
- The Teacher Development & Resources Library (TDRL) supports the curriculum and research of the UNLV College of Education (COE). Particular focus is on method/practicum courses and children's/young adult literature courses and research related to these areas.
- The TDRL makes available for evaluation and use educational materials of the highest quality produced for use with students from birth to grade twelve.
- The TDRL prioritizes the acquisition of materials which accurately represent the diverse identities and needs of the students of the Clark County School District (CCSD)
- The TDRL provides research support to P-12 educators in the Las Vegas community by providing access to resources and materials relating to the teaching profession.
- The TDRL provides family literacy support to the UNLV community.