The University Libraries has two librarians assigned to the UNLV College of Education students, faculty, and staff. Each librarian has different areas of expertise, but either are available to meet for research consultations on a variety of topics.
Meet With A Librarian - Services
Both the Head of the TDRL and the Education Librarian are available for individual or group consultations. Popular topics include:
- Topic development
- Locating and accessing library resources
- Research assistance for assignments and literature reviews
- Finding and using children's and young adult literature including graphic novels
- Research consultations related to faculty research
- Consult on designing a course assignment or assessment
- Discuss resources needed by students or for faculty research
- Developing personalized course and subject guides: http://guides.library.unlv.edu
Head, Teacher Development & Resources Library - Amanda Melilli
The Head of the TDRL specializes in P12 materials and practical educational resources. To schedule a consultation related to children's/young adult literature, graphic novels, lesson planning, or other areas of P12 education, please contact Amanda Melilli (702-895-1963)
Education Librarian - Samantha Godbey
The Education Librarian specializes in scholarly materials and research in education and psychology. Please, schedule an appointment with Samantha Godbey.