About Research Consultations at the TDRL
NOTE: Due to community health concerns, in-person research consultations are currently not available. Please contact Samantha Godbey (email@example.com) or Amanda Melilli (firstname.lastname@example.org) about virtual options.
The University Libraries has two librarians assigned to the UNLV College of Education students, faculty, and staff. Each librarian has different areas of expertise, but either are available to meet for research consultations on a variety of topics.
Conducted by the Education Librarian, individual and group research consultations for College of Education faculty and students are available at the TDRL or Lied Library. Each consultation will be tailored to meet the needs of the individual/group, but popular topics include:
- Topic development
- Locating and accessing library resources
- Research assistance for assignments and literature reviews
- Research consultations related to faculty research
- Consult on designing a course assignment or assessment
- Discuss resources needed by students or for faculty research
- Developing personalized course and subject guides: http://guides.library.unlv.edu
To schedule a research consultation, please contact Samantha Godbey.
TDRL Specific Consultations
Individual and group consultations related to the TDRL collections are conducted by the Head, TDRL. Each consultation will be tailored to meet the needs of the individual/group, but consultations typically cover researching children's/YA literature. Popular topics include
- Locating and accessing materials within the TDRL
- Finding and evaluating diverse youth literature
- Finding and evaluating graphic novels for P12 education
- Identifying developmentally appropriate classroom resources
Consultations are also available to members of the UNLV community to locate materials that support individual family literacy needs.
To schedule a consultation related to the TDRL collections, please contact Amanda Melilli (email@example.com)