The UNLV Music Library is located in the Beam Music Center at the Cottage Grove corner of the Maryland Parkway campus. The Music Library houses a small music reference collection, over 35,000 scores, and audio / video recordings focusing on classical music and jazz. Services provided in the Music Library include circulation and general reference support. Staffing for the Music Library includes one classified staff and student workers.
The Music Library's primary goal is to support the curriculum of the School of Music and the teaching and research needs of faculty and students.
Music Library Service Desk
Facilities and technology
The Music Library group study room is available for reservation.
The Music Library offers the following technology:
- 1 Knowledge Imaging Center (KIC) Bookeye scanner.
- 1 catalog search station
- 6 computer stations with productivity & Finale music notation software
- 3 Laptops with productivity software available for check out.
- 2 MacBooks available for check out.
- Headphones available for check out
- USB CD/DVD drives available for check out
- External SD card readers available for check out
Library Technician 3