The UNLV Music Library houses a small reference collection, numerous scores, rare and unique special collections, and sound and video recordings.
- Please note that books about music are located in Lied Library on the 4th floor. They display in the Library Catalog with a location of "UNLV Book Stacks" and WILL NOT appear in catalog searches limited to "Music Library"!
Music Reference materials are located next to the public service desk. Materials include dictionaries, encyclopedias, thematic catalogs, discographies, and other similar materials to assist in finding basic music-related information, identify music in the circulating collection, and serve as a basis for further study and research. The Music Reference collection does not circulate. Additional reference materials can be found in Lied Library.
- Catalog Location: UNLV Music Ref
Scores are located in the main stacks area of the Music Library. Most of the score collection can be checked out per the normal circulation policy. The exceptions are scores with the call numbers of M2 and M3 (collected editions and historical sets), and items with a yellow "Does not circulate" label on the spine.
- Catalog Location: UNLV Music Bk Stks
Sound recordings and videos are located behind the service counter of the Music Library. Please ask staff for assistance and provide the call number. The collection consists primarily of CDs and DVDs.
- Catalog location: UNLV Music Media
Due to their size, oversize scores are located along the back wall at the end of the circulation collection.
- Catalog location: UNLV Music Osize
Special Collections contains rare and/or out-of-print items and facsimiles of manuscripts. You may use them in the Music Library. Please ask staff for assistance and provide the call number.
- Catalog location: UNLV Music Special