About Library Instruction Sessions
Library instruction sessions and tours are available for UNLV courses or groups by appointment.
Library instruction sessions can be held in the Arnold Shaw Room within the Music Library, the Lied Library or in the course's regular classroom. With a focus on information literacy development, library instruction sessions can be single sessions or embedded throughout a course. Each session is designed to meet individual course needs.
Popular topics include:
- Finding music resources in the Music Library and beyond
- Evaluating sources, including scores, recordings, etc.
- Searching library databases efficiently
- Training on specific resources (RefWorks, Naxos, etc.)
- Developing research topics
- Citing sources