As part of our mission to promote learning, discovery, and scholarship, Special Collections seeks opportunities to introduce new and seasoned researchers in the use of our materials.
As part of our goal to support teaching and learning at UNLV, Special Collections encourages faculty and graduate students to incorporate the use of our materials into their research and teaching. Classes meet in the Special Collections interior reading room, and can be tailored to individual class subjects and instructor requirements. Please note that instructors are required to be present with their class during instruction sessions in Special Collections.
- Please fill out this online form at least two weeks in advance with the relevant information so that we have enough time to prepare and select the materials for your class.
To aid faculty who wish to introduce their students to Special Collections and Archives and don't have time to include a physical visit, the following videos are available to view. Please feel free to download the videos or copy the links and include in your WebCampus syllabus.
- Welcome to Special Collections and Archives: A brief introduction on how Special Collections and Archives documents the history of Las Vegas, the southern Nevada region, gaming, and UNLV.
- What's in Special Collections and Archives?: An overview of the types of material and subject matter that we collect and preserve in UNLV Libraries Special Collections and Archives.
- Finding Aids: The Key to Research in Special Collections and Archives: An introduction to finding aids and how they enable users to access archival materials in Special Collections and Archives.
- Visiting Special Collections and Archives: An overview of the protocols and policies involved in a visit to Special Collections and Archives.
Visitors and patrons are welcome to explore the Special Collections reading room on their own, but outside organizations may also schedule a more detailed tour with staff where we can provide general or customized information on our collections. Please email email@example.com if you would like to arrange a tour of the reading room, preservation lab, or digitization lab.