The UNLV Libraries Collection of Biographical Files contain press clippings and ephemera on the lives of notable Las Vegans and Southern Nevadans and are available in Special Collections.
The finding aid for the collection provides a listing of the names and material in each folder. Request files at the front desk in Special Collections and Archives.
These files contain press clippings, ephemera, and brochures on a variety of topics and individuals pertaining to the gaming industry, Las Vegas, and Southern Nevada.
Although they were once located in the Special Collections Reading Room, they now comprise the UNLV Libraries Collection of Regional History Files, and you can view the finding aid for a listing of the material in each folder. Request files at the front desk in Special Collections and Archives.
- Special Collections also maintains holdings of UNLV's student newspaper The Rebel Yell from 1954 to the present. These can also be found in the online to 2010 in The Rebel Yell archives.
- Indexes to selected years of the Las Vegas Sun, Las Vegas Review Journal, and other Nevada newspapers can also be found in the Microfilm & Microforms section.
- Please note that fairly complete microfilm of the Las Vegas Age, Las Vegas Review Journal, and Las Vegas Sun can be found in the Microfilm & Microforms section, which also houses a number of Nevada Newspapers on microfilm that can be browsed by city, title, or county.
- Online access to the historical Las Vegas Review Journal from 1929-1996 is now available by visiting the UNLV Libraries. Remote access is only available if you are a current UNLV student, faculty or staff member.
- Current online versions of the Las Vegas Review Journal and Las Vegas Sun are linked through the library's online catalog.