The majority of the School of Medicine Library Collections are electronic, and only accessible to those with ACE account privileges, or with the ability to visit Lied Library or the School of Medicine Library and use the computers out on the floor. Request a guest pass at the front desk to access the computers.
UNLV students, faculty, and staff with a RebelCard will have a library account automatically created. You'll be able to borrow circulating items and physical reserve materials, access library databases remotely, and register to use InterLibrary Loan services.
School of Medicine community faculty and off-site clinical faculty who typically do not obtain a RebelCard may use the Library Barcode Registration Form to access Interlibrary Loan Services.
UNLV Student, Faculty, and Staff Borrowers
All UNLV-affiliated users with ACE accounts may borrow circulating materials from any UNLV Library, as well as the other NSHE institution libraries.
- Items on reserve may be borrowed for 4 hours. Late returns are subject to fines.
- Items checked out after 2:00 pm Monday - Thursday may be borrowed overnight.
- Items checked out after 1:00 pm on Friday may be borrowed over the weekend.
- To see items available on reserve, please see the Course Reserves page.
- Please see the Fees and Lost Items Guidelines for reserves fine policies.
Technology on Reserve
Both the School of Medicine Library and the School of Medicine InfoCommons have technology and accessories available to current UNLV students, faculty and staff wo have an ACE account and no library fines, overdue items, etc.
Non-UNLV Affiliated Borrowers
Those affiliated with other NSHE institutions, non-UNLV affiliated healthcare providers, public school teachers, and members of the general public have borrowing privileges for circulating books. Please visit the Lied Library Access and Privileges page for more detailed information.