A collage from the News 3 Video Vault episode on the 50 Treasures for 50 Years exhibit. (Courtesy of Tom Hawley)
UNLV Libraries Special Collections and Archives has featured in a number of local media stories recently. From our 50th anniversary exhibit to our Building Las Vegas panels at the Fifth Street School to our talented staff, these stories highlight the important role that we play in documenting the history of our region. We hope you enjoy reading or listening to the stories below!
- Our 50th Anniversary exhibit "50 Treasures for 50 Years" was featured in a segment on News 3's Video Vault from September 20 and in this Las Vegas Review Journal article from September 24.
- Two of our panels in the "Building Las Vegas" Summer Speaker Series were featured in two separate Las Vegas Review Journal: "Female panelists in Las Vegas say equal pay, boosting girls’ confidence among challenges" on August 4 and "UNLV event panel talks immigration, growth, climate change" on September 11.
- CBS Local featured an article on the two Centennial Commission grants we received to fund the digitization of the Las Vegas City Commission Minutes and Ordinances and two early Las Vegas newspapers - the Las Vegas Age and the Las Vegas Times.
- Claytee White, Director of the Oral History Research Center, was featured in the September 5 Las Vegas Review Journal profile article "Recorder of Las Vegas’ Oral Histories Has Own Tale to Tell."
- Dave Schwartz, Director of the Center for Gaming Research, was featured in this August 16 News 3 Video Vault segment "Learning design from Las Vegas' past."