Submission Agreement for Digital Scholarship@UNLV
By checking the box below, I grant the Board of Regents of the Nevada System of Higher Education, on behalf of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University Libraries (“UNLV”), the license to use my submission (hereafter referred to as the “Work") in the manner described below.
I agree that UNLV has the right, without changing the content, to post the Work as part of the Digital Scholarship@UNLV. As part of this license, I grant UNLV the right to reproduce, translate, and distribute the Work, along with any accompanying metadata, in any format or medium for security, back up, and preservation.
I understand that as a part of the Digital Scholarship@UNLV, the Work will be available to the public on the Internet. I agree that third party readers of my submission have the right to use the Work for non-commercial, academic purposes as defined by the “fair use” doctrine of U.S. copyright law, so long as all attributions and copyright statements are retained. I further understand that UNLV has the right to remove the Work from the Digital Scholarship@UNLV at any time, without notice.
I understand that the license granted to UNLV is non-exclusive, royalty-free and perpetual, and does not transfer ownership of the copyright or any other intellectual property rights to UNLV, or prevent the copyright owner from entering into similar arrangements with other parties.
I warrant as follows:
1. I am an author and/or owner of the copyright in the Work and/or have the express permission from the author and/or owner of the copyright in the Work to enter into this agreement;
2. The Work does not, to the best of my knowledge, infringe any copyright, or other intellectual property rights of third parties;
3. The Work does not contain any libelous matter, or any confidential, personal, medical, financial or proprietary information of any person or third party, or export controlled information;
4. I have disclosed any and all restrictions or required publication delays on the distribution of the Work by UNLV in the Digital Scholarship@UNLV Submission Form; and
5. The information I provide about the Work is accurate.
I agree that I will indemnify and hold harmless UNLV and its employees and Regents from any claims resulting from third party uses of the Work.
NOTE: Please print this page for your records.
If you need assistance or have any comments, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.