The UNLV University Archives preserves material relating to all aspects of UNLV history, including official University records with enduring historical and administrative value, architectural records and plans, papers of prominent faculty, records of student organizations, select NSHE records, university and student publications, photographs, artifacts, and more.
Featured Online Holdings
University Archives Series
The University Archives is organized into six series:
- Publications including UNLV yearbooks, the student newspaper The Rebel Yell, catalogs, class schedules, magazines, reports, programs, department brochures, news clippings, and news releases. UNLV students may access some historical course catalogs online at CollegeSource Online.
- Campus Records from campus academic and administrative units, including the Office of the President, Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, Vice President of Business and Administration, Offices of News and Publications, Research, and various other administrative offices, colleges, and departments.
- Library Records including records of the deans and other materials documenting services, assessments, building plans, and finances.
- Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Records including a partial record of NSHE budgets, correspondence, and the meeting minutes of the Board of Regents.
- Faculty Papers and Publications including manuscripts and publications from various UNLV faculty.
- Theses and Dissertations including original, unbound copies of all UNLV theses and dissertations. These do not circulate. Circulating copies of theses and dissertations prior to 2008 are also available in the general stacks and are discoverable in the library catalog. Electronic theses and dissertations are available in Digital Scholarship @ UNLV and Proquest.
Online Resources about UNLV History
Transfer Archival University Records
The University Archives seeks publications and archival records from major administrative units and centers on the UNLV campus as well as from UNLV student organizations. More information....