Digital Scholarship@UNLV, the university’s institutional repository, celebrated a milestone this year when we reached our 10 millionth download! The official milestone date was April 10, and while it’s difficult to tell which exact item was the 10 millionth download, we do know which items were downloaded on that date.
To help highlight this milestone and International Open Access Week, the Scholarly Communication & Data Services Department are sharing some favorite publications downloaded on that date:
- “Business Plan for a Korean Fine-dining restaurant in Las Vegas” by Jihoon Kim in the Hotel Administration graduate program has received 37,353 downloads since it was added to the repository on March 26, 2014. (Professional Paper)
- “Using Discord to Improve Student Communication, Engagement, and Performance” by Jorge Fonseca Cacho has received 3,988 downloads since it was added to the repository on February 5, 2020. (Poster)
- “Social Media, Stress and Sleep Deprivation: A Triple ‘S’ Among Adolescents” by Micajah Daniels, Manoj Sharma, and Kavita Batra has received 816 downloads since it was added to the repository on October 26, 2021. (research article)
- “A Critical Analysis of the Body Positive Movement on Instagram: How Does it Really Impact Body Image?” by Ayla S. Gelsinger in the Department of Psychology has 6,510 downloads since being added to the repository on February 26, 2021. This article is part of the Spectra Undergraduate Research Journal, a peer-reviewed journal that provides undergraduate authors with the opportunity to engage in collaboration with their peers and faculty members, both in their research and during the publication process.
- “Solution Focused Therapy for Trauma Survivors: A Review of the Outcome Literature” by Ray Eads and Mo Yee Lee has received 4,053 downloads since it was added to the repository on September 2, 2020. This article is part of the Journal of Solution Focused Practices, a peer-reviewed journal that aims to support the Solution Focused community through the publication of high-quality research in outcome, effectiveness, or process of the Solution Focused approach and the publication of high quality theoretical and/or case-study related material in the area of Solution Focused practice.
If you would like to know more about your options for adding your publications to Digital Scholarship@UNLV so that they are accessible to a global audience, and can be part of our next milestone celebration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.