To promote a safer environment and reduce security incidents, we offer controlled access to Lied Library in the evening during spring and fall semesters.
Hours in effect
Fall and spring semesters
Sunday - Thursday
6:00 pm - close
Winter break (between fall and spring semesters)
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Lied Library continues to be open to both UNLV and the general community prior to 6:00 pm, Sunday - Thursday and during regular business hours on Fridays and Saturdays (summer hours, holidays, and semester break hours vary).
Who can enter during Rebel Hours
Access to Lied Library is limited to:
- UNLV students, faculty, and staff
- NSHE-affiliated institutions students, faculty, and staff
- Learn more about visiting the University Libraries.
- Schedule an appointment to visit during Rebel Hours.
How to gain access
Use main library entrance
- Scan RebelCard
- Other NSHE institutions present a library card or student ID
Guests without a valid UNLV or NSHE ID will not be permitted to enter, with the exception of minor children accompanied by a UNLV or NSHE-affiliated student, staff, or faculty member.
UNLV students, faculty, and staff without a valid UNLV ID can obtain one from the RebelCard office in the UNLV Student Union.