We collaborate with faculty to design:
- Research Instruction – face-to-face or online instruction customized for your students, assignment, and course
- Research Assignments – effective assignments that incorporate research skills and resources
- Guides and Tutorials – research and course guides and tutorials that can be linked from your course website
In the Classroom
Library instruction services support the following learning goals and outcomes:
- Question: Students will be able to identify a research question that is appropriate in scope and feasibility in order to guide a research project.
- Explore: Students will be able to develop and apply search strategies in order to locate sources to fill information needs. They will demonstrate flexibility and persistence as they revise their strategies. Students will be able to find information from a variety of types of sources in order to address a research problem.
- Analyze: Students will be able to evaluate information sources for different uses in order to complete research projects. They will apply critical thinking in order to determine the reliability, applicability and responsible use of the resource.
- Extend: Students will contribute to the scholarly conversation at an appropriate level and credit the contributing work of others in their creation of new information.