You can create a new account using your UNLV email at the link above.
You can still use your "Legacy" RefWorks account, but it will be phased, so you may want to move your account to the New RefWorks. Using both old and New RefWorks within one document in Write-n-Cite can cause problems, so finish your projects before making the switch.
How To Transfer Citations From Legacy To New Account
If you had an account in the old version of RefWorks you will need to transition to the new version. Login to your RefWorks account from the main login page and then click the link in the far upper left corner of your account screen that reads, "Move to the newest version of RefWorks from ProQuest" to transfer all of your citations.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic software package that enables you to:
- Organize your research
- Create a bibliography in a variety of citation styles, including APA, MLA and Chicago
- Import references from many data sources
- Create bibliographies in different document formats (Word, RTF, HTML, etc.)
- Include citations while you write your paper
"New" RefWorks Instructions
- Proquest RefWorks guide
- New RefWorks tutorials (YouTube)
- RefWorks Citation Manager (Microsoft Word plugin)
- Write N Cite install links for Windows and Mac
Alumni Accounts and Group Code
- Alumni of UNLV have access to RefWorks for the duration of the university's subscription to the software.
- If you are a first time user of RefWorks, you will need the library Group Code for off-campus access.
- You will receive an e-mail message with the Group Code after you create a login . Please save this Group Code for future reference.
- If you are an existing user and have forgotten the group code, please contact the UNLV Libraries at 702.895.2100.
- Note: Due to license restrictions Alumni will not have access to article databases from off-campus through the "Get Text" button. Full-text access to articles via the "Get Text" button is only available on-campus.
Brought to you by UNLV Libraries and the Office of Information Technology.