(Brought to you by UNLV Libraries and the Office of Information Technology.)
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic software package that enables you to:
- Organize your research
- Create a bibliography in a variety of citation styles, including APA, MLA and Chicago
- Import references from many data sources
- Create bibliographies in different document formats (Word, RTF, HTML, etc.)
- Include citations while you write your paper
- Being web-based means no software to download and update, and you can access your personal account from any computer connected to the internet.
- RefWorks Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Installing Write-N-Cite for Off-Campus Use (a one-time set up of the WNC Proxy Configuration Utility)
- Converting from EndNote (and other programs) to RefWorks
- A new version of Refworks is coming! The New RefWorks is the next generation of reference management software empowering both researchers and librarians to do more. It combines powerful citation management functionality including database import, web capture tools and thousands of flexible citation styles, plus a refined user experience, full-text management, collaboration and other features you’d expect from a total reference management solution.
- To try out the new version set up an account using your UNLV e-mail.
- Find out more.
- Alumni of UNLV will now have access to RefWorks for the duration of the university's subscription to the software.
- If you are a first time user of RefWorks, you will need the library Group Code for off-campus access. You will receive an e-mail message with the Group Code after you create a login . Please save this Group Code for future reference.
- If you are an existing user and have forgotten the group code, please contact the UNLV Libraries at 702.895.2100 or by e-mail.
- Note: Due to license restrictions Alumni will not have access to article databases from off-campus through the "Get Text" button. Full-text access to articles via the "Get Text" button is only available on-campus.