As you gather evidence for your argument, you may find that you need additional sources. Digging deeper can involve evaluating data or other non-traditional sources.
Data and Statistics
- Consult with a subject librarian to find statistics from surveys, government agencies, published research, or commercial sources.
- We have a variety of data and statistical resources.
- We also provide regionally-focused data (Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada).
- Want to create maps using spatial data?
Using Primary Sources
- Learn what primary sources are.
- Find primary sources about the Southern Nevada region in our Special Collections & Archives.
- Discover online primary sources in our Digital Collections.
Other UNLV Libraries Collections
- The Architectural Studies Library’s collections include floor plans, architectural drawings, books, and articles.
- The Teacher Development and Resources Library provides access to graphic novels, literature for children and young adults, kits and more.
- The Music Library holds over 9,500 recordings and 29,000 scores, including the Vellucci Music Collection.
Several collections are housed in the Special Collections & Archives division of Lied Library, on the third floor, primarily dealing with the history of gaming, Las Vegas, and Southern Nevada:
- The Manuscript Collection contains over 11,000 linear feet of manuscripts (first-hand documentation).
- The Photograph Collection holds over 80,000 images, including prints, scrap books, slides, and more.
- The Gaming Collections document the history and statistical basis of games and gambling; the industry’s economics and regulation; the psychological, social, and political effects of gambling; and the history of specific hotel and casinos.
- The Oral History Research Center provides access to interviews with Las Vegas residents about local history.
- The Center for Gaming Research provides statistical reports on the gaming industry around the world.
- There are a variety of other Digital Collections available, including historic menus, information about Howard Hughes, and production drawings of showgirls.
- Our institutional repository, Digital Scholarship@UNLV, provides access to a wide variety of research produced at UNLV.
- View the A-Z list of all UNLV Libraries collections.
- Search library collections by format.
Getting Help... from a Librarian
- Use our website to schedule an in-person appointment with a librarian.
- Contact us by text, IM, email, or phone.
- Feel free to drop by a library research desk (Lied’s is on the first floor) for in-person assistance!