Your first step in using the library is activating your Rebelcard barcode  and obtaining a library Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Your library PIN will be provided when you activate your RebelCard in person at the Lied Library Circulation Desk or at a branch library service desk. Online education students should view activation requirements .
Your library PIN offers the security of privacy protection and reduces risk of identity theft. Additionally, licensing restrictions required by the publishers who produce electronic resources require a secure sign on.
LIBRARY SERVICES REQUIRING A PIN
- Your Library Account (online renewal, current checkouts, place holds)
- Remote Access to resources 
- LINK+ (request a book the libraries does not own)
COMPUTERS IN THE LIBRARIES
UNLV students, faculty and staff should use their ACE account and password  to login to library computers. For help with your ACE account, please contact campus OIT help desk at 702-895-0777.
Other NSHE affiliated Users (NSC, CSN, UNR): You must activate your RebelCard at the Lied Library Circulation Desk or at a branch library service desk before using the computers for the first time. You will need your library barcode and password to log on.
Some patrons will have two different PINs. For remote access and online library account login, ALL USERS will have a four digit PIN. By default, your PIN is same as the last four digits of your phone number you provided when you activated your RebelCard in person.
However, for NSHE affiliated users logging into a library computer, a more complex PIN must be set at the library circulation desk.
Resetting your PIN online (see below) will NOT reset the more complex PIN used to login to computers in the libraries.
If you forgot your PIN, you can request that it be reset online .
- From the PIN login, click on the “Forgot Your Pin” button.
- Type in your barcode and hit Submit.
- An email will be sent to the email address that the library has on file. Students should check their RebelMail account. Faculty and staff should check their UNLV Gmail account.
Pin help by library
- Lied Library Circulation Desk 895-2111
- Architecture Studies Library 895-1959
- Curriculum Material Library 895-3593
- Music Library 895-2541
You can change your PIN at any time by logging into “Your Account ” and clicking on the “Modify Your PIN” button. If you have problems, you can call the Lied Library Circulation Desk, 895-2111, for more assistance.
Your patron type and/or computer settings can impact your ability to log on from home or work .
LIBRARY SERVICES REQUIRING YOU TO “CREATE AN ACCOUNT”
You can set up any username and password your prefer. For ease of use, consider using the same information as your other library accounts.
- ILLiad Interlibrary Loan  (request books, articles and more from other libraries)
- Ref Works  (helping you to generate citations and bibliographies)
OTHER CAMPUS ACCOUNTS
These resources are not part of University Libraries and we cannot assist you with your password for these services. Contact the Student Computer Help Desk, 895-0777, if you need further assistance.