The University Libraries has launched a Research Data Publication Services Pilot program, providing services to support faculty's research data publication needs. The pilot is a partnership with Springer Nature that enables UNLV researchers to utilize Springer Nature services to describe, store and make accessible their research data. Storage and accessibility are provided via the figshare repository. Participants can receive 50GB of storage per dataset, with additional storage space available for purchase if needed. Both new datasets and those linked to manuscripts already published can be accepted.
The Research Data Publication Services Pilot:
- Ensures compliance with funder and institutional data policies.
- Saves time and effort on deposition and curation of data.
- Promotes the citation and reuse of research data.
- Enables data sharing via trusted general and institutional repositories.
- Enhances and increases the visibility of peer-reviewed publications.
- Supports research progress and transparency.
This pilot is available to current UNLV academic faculty (tenured and tenure track) as well as current graduate students who are co-authors with UNLV faculty. This includes tenure and tenure-track medical and dental school faculty and medical and dental residents and fellows.