Welcome to the School of Medicine Library, located in the Downtown Medical District. We welcome public visitors* appointments are recommended.
We want your visit to our library to be successful. Please read the following instructions and information before your arrival to ensure you have a positive experience.
The School of Medicine Library offers a robust set of online resources including medical databases, ebook collections and medical journals. Please note that we are mainly a digital library and have no physical items available for check out.
Online resources are also available for use on computers at Lied Library on the Maryland Campus. For questions or more information, contact Lied Library (phone, chat, or text). Please note Lied Library may institute Rebel Hours during university break periods. Reduced visitor hours and appointment requirements may occur during this time.
Preparing for your visit
- Library visitor hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Each visitor must make an appointment over email or phone.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 702-545-2073
- When you arrive, we can provide you with a guest pass to access our resources for 4-hours.
- Visiting time is a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- You may schedule to come again another day if you need more time.
- There is printing available at the library.
- Please bring your Rebel Card
- Make sure money is on your RebelCard so you can use it to print, if not please go to RebelCard Deposit
- Please schedule your visit during a time a librarian can assist you if you will need help using the medical databases and online collections.
- Library staff can help schedule an appointment with a librarian.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of a librarian during your preferred date and time of visit.
- When visiting the School of Medicine Library, you agree to follow the University Libraries’ Conduct Policy.
- Violations may result in your removal from the library and ban you from future use of all UNLV Libraries.
- We are located at 625 Shadow Lane Building Room #304 Las Vegas, NV. 89106
- Our closest highway exits are Rancho Blvd from the I-95 or Charleston Blvd from the I-15.
- There is parking available, if you have a University of Nevada Las Vegas parking sticker, please park where it says staff or student.
- UNLV and University Libraries are not responsible for any damage or theft of personal property, including your car or items left unattended in the library.
- Library faculty and staff do not provide medical advice and are not liable for any actions you choose to take based on information found during your visit. We encourage you to discuss any medical decisions or information found during your visit with a licensed clinical care provider.
*Public visitors include any alumni, clinicians, NSHE students, or adults who are not currently enrolled or employed with UNLV. Individuals under 18, or who have not yet completed high school, are encouraged to use the public library.