Welcome to the School of Medicine Library, located in the Downtown Medical District. We welcome public visitors* appointments are recommended.
We want your visit to our library to be successful. Please read the following instructions and information before your arrival to ensure you have a positive experience.
The School of Medicine Library offers a robust set of online resources including medical databases, ebook collections and medical journals. Please note that we are mainly a digital library and have no physical items available for check out.
Online resources are also available for use on computers at Lied Library on the Maryland Campus. For questions or more information, contact Lied Library (phone, chat, or text). Please note Lied Library may institute Rebel Hours during university break periods. Reduced visitor hours and appointment requirements may occur during this time.
Preparing for your visit
- Library visitor hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Each visitor must make an appointment over email or phone.
- When you arrive, we can provide you with a guest pass to access our resources for 4-hours.
- Visiting time is a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- You may schedule to come again another day if you need more time.
- There is no printing available at the library.
- Please bring a USB storage device or have your email account credentials available for your visit.
- You may request one black & white print of about 2-pages at the service desk per visitor, per day.
- Please schedule your visit during a time a librarian can assist you if you will need help using the medical databases and online collections.
- Library staff can help schedule an appointment with a librarian.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of a librarian during your preferred date and time of visit.
- When visiting the School of Medicine Library, you agree to follow the University Libraries’ Conduct Policy.
- Violations may result in your removal from the library and ban you from future use of all UNLV Libraries.
- We are located at 2040 W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89102.
- Our closest highway exits are Rancho Blvd from the I-95 or Charleston Blvd from the I-15.
- The closest bus stop is for westbound route 206; stop ID: 531.
- The building parking lot is reserved for Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine staff, faculty, and clinicians, or visitors to the University Medical Center (UMC) day surgery clinic ONLY.
- Unauthorized vehicles are towed at the owner’s expense.
- Limited free parking for up to 3-hours is available along Tonopah Drive and Rancho Lane.
- Please park at your own risk.
Finding the library
- Enter the building lobby and take an elevator to the 5th floor.
- We are located at Suite 520. Please come through the glass door to check-in at the service desk.
- Please have a valid government, or university-issued ID card, so we can set-up your guest account.
- Please let the desk staff know if you are scheduled to meet with a librarian.
- UNLV and University Libraries are not responsible for any damage or theft of personal property, including your car or items left unattended in the library.
- Library faculty and staff do not provide medical advice and are not liable for any actions you choose to take based on information found during your visit. We encourage you to discuss any medical decisions or information found during your visit with a licensed clinical care provider.
*Public visitors include any alumni, clinicians, NSHE students, or adults who are not currently enrolled or employed with UNLV. Individuals under 18, or who have not yet completed high school, are encouraged to use the public library.