The UNLV University Libraries are providing the following virtual services:
Live Chat Reference Service
Drop-in help is available online through our ASK US! Service. E-mail, chat, or text (702-945-0822). Librarians will be standing by to answer your questions at the following times:
- Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 1-5 p.m.
- Reference services and consultations will be unavailable May 23-25 for the Memorial Day holiday.
Appointments with Librarians and Specialists
We are available to meet with students, faculty, and staff through a virtual appointment.
To make a research or instruction-related appointment visit https://guides.library.unlv.edu/appointments
- Research assistance
- Library instruction (librarians are available to provide asynchronous and synchronous library instruction services. You can schedule an appointment or request instruction by contacting your subject liaison or teaching and learning librarian directly)
To make a technology consultation (Makerspace & Multimedia) visit https://guides.library.unlv.edu/appointments/technology
- Makerspace (e.g., software and design support for 3D printing, digital fabrication, prototyping. NOTE: Consultations only, no printing services are available for the duration of the Lied Library Closure)
- Multimedia (e.g., software and design support for posters, audio and video production. NOTE: Consultations only, the audio and video production studios are offline for the duration of the Lied Library closure.)
To make a research or instruction related appointment with the librarians at the Health Sciences Library visit https://guides.library.unlv.edu/appointments/hsl
We are available to meet with students, faculty, and staff through a virtual appointment. Consultations for scholarly communication include article submissions to the UNLV Bibliography, applications to the UNLV Open Article Fund and questions about open access generally, copyright (especially Fair Use and authors’ rights), journal publishing on the Digital Scholarship@UNLV platform, uploading theses or dissertations to ProQuest, and creation and use of ORCID accounts.
We are available to meet with students, faculty, and staff through a virtual appointment. Consultations for data services include data management, manipulation, processing, and visualization, as well as introductory programming with Python. To make a data services consultation, visit (https://cal.library.unlv.edu/appointments/hburns).
Additional Virtual Resources
- Teaching Online Guide: https://guides.library.unlv.edu/teachingonline/
- Off-Campus Access to Library Materials: https://www.library.unlv.edu/help/off-campus_access