Lied Library is turning 20! Help us celebrate by designing our 20th Anniversary logo.
Current UNLV students are invited to submit original logo designs that best capture the spirit of Lied Library.
The winner will receive a $500 cash prize and the logo may be used to promote the 20th anniversary of Lied Library in various media – including online, print, on merchandise, advertisements, educational materials, and other visual collateral.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be a currently enrolled undergraduate, graduate, or professional school UNLV student (at least 1 credit hour).
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images. By entering the competition, entrant agrees that the submission is your own work.
- By submitting an entry form, each entrant warrants that you understand, acknowledge and agree that upon submission, all entries become the sole property of UNLV University Libraries.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the UNLV University Libraries without further notice or compensation.
- An entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further notice, permission or compensation.
- UNLV University Libraries reserves the right to modify the winning logo to better fit the needs of the organization.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- The selected winner must submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
- The logo design must not include offensive language, imagery or themes.
- Maximum of one entry per person.
- UNLV University Libraries reserves the right to reject any submission not meeting these criteria.
How to Enter
To enter the Lied Library 20th Anniversary Logo Design Contest, eligible participants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form.
- Create a logo design in .jpeg, .psd, .png, or PDF formats. If you are chosen as a winner, you must be able to provide a high-resolution vector file (e.g., in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign).
- Colors should fit the UNLV Style Guide.
- Submissions are due no later than 5 p.m. on April 30, 2020.
A Selection Committee charged by UNLV University Libraries Dean Maggie Farrell will review logo submissions based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- Aesthetic Quality
- Representation of the Lied Library
No more than five finalists will be forwarded to University Libraries Administration to select a winning entry. The Selection Committee reserves the right not to select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.