Acceptable Use of Computing and Information Technology Resources Policy
The School of Medicine Library follows computing policy outlined by the UNLV Office of Information Technology. It is up to all users to read and understand the policy located on the OIT website.
Print, Copy & Scan
The UNLV Libraries have a pay to print model in order to sustain paper, toner and equipment. Printing at the School of Medicine Library and InfoCommons requires an ACE Account and money on a RebelCash account.
Black and white: $0.03 per page
Color: $0.40 per page
Copying requires a RebelCard and incurs the same costs as printing.
Scanning to email is free.
- Scanning at InfoCommons requires a RebelCard and works similarly to copying.
- The School of Medicine Library at 2040 W. Charleston Blvd. has flatbed scanners at two computer stations and requires only an ACE account for logging into the computers.
- The library will consider refunding or waiving print charges if there is an identified technological problem with the computers, printers, or printing system software. Notify the service desk staff if you feel this type of problem has occurred.
- Charges will NOT be waived for accidents such as printing multiple copies, printing in color instead of black and white, and paper orientation mistakes.
Licensed Electronic Resources Use Guidelines
Electronic resources, such as journals, books, and databases, provided by the University Libraries are governed by license agreements negotiated between the University Libraries and publishers, or third parties. Users of library-licensed resources must comply with the terms of these agreements and be aware that publishers may monitor use of electronic resources to ensure that the terms of their licensing agreements are enforced. Breach of these terms may cut off access for the entire UNLV community.
To avoid improper use of licensed electronic resources please adhere to the following:
Permitted Uses and Activities:
Permitted uses include activities that are for educational, scholarly, and research purposes. Permitted activities include searching, viewing, browsing, or posting links to the online content of electronic resources, and downloading, saving, and printing limited data for personal scholarly, academic, and research use.
Prohibited Uses and Actions:
- Any commercial use of electronic resources, e.g. selling content.
- Any systematic or large-scale downloading of data, e.g. downloading entire issues of electronic journals or large-scale downloading from databases to create other collections of data.
- Posting actual content of articles to web sites or listservs.
- Removing, modifying, or obscuring copyright notices or other notices and disclaimers.
- Facilitating use of access by non-authorized users, including sharing UNLV Username and Password information, such as ACE account. Please see UNLV Libraries Computer
- Use Policy for more information.
Remember, always acknowledge and cite your source when using electronic resources. If you have questions about using a particular resource, please use the UNLV Libraries’ Ask Us service.
Laptop Use Agreement
The School of Medicine Library follows policies outlined by the UNLV Libraries for loaning electronic equipment. You will be asked to read and sign a Laptop Use Agreement form in order to borrow laptops, iPads, cameras, or other large technology items.