The Health Sciences Library, as part of the UNLV Libraries, provides access to thousands of electronic journals and books. However, there still may be times when the item you need is owned in print at another campus library location, or the UNLV Libraries do not own the item. To meet these needs, the library provides book paging, interlibrary loan, and document delivery services.
Requests for books held at other UNLV Libraries locations to be transferred to the Health Sciences Library at 2040 West Charleston Blvd. can be made through the catalog.
- After finding the item you wish to request, login with your ACE Account to see all request options.
- Click the blue “Request” link and choose Health Sciences Library from the “Pickup Library” menu.
- You will receive an email when the item has arrived at the Health Sciences Library
- Requested items should arrive within 2-3 business days
- You can track progress by going to “My Library Card” in the catalog
- The status will indicate that it is on hold at the Health Sciences Library once it has been received by library staff
Document Delivery provides pdf scans of article and book chapters from the UNLV Libraries' collections (journals, books and other materials) to UNLV students, faculty and staff.
Please see the guidelines and instructions for requesting Document Delivery.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a UNLV Libraries’ service that obtains materials from libraries around the world. Interlibrary Loan supplements the resources directly owned or licensed by the UNLV Libraries and is available only to UNLV students, faculty and staff.
Please see the guidelines and instructions for requesting Interlibrary Loans.
ILL and Document Delivery requests are made through the ILLiad software system.
- All users MUST have a library barcode in order to register and use ILLiad. If you do not have a UNLV RebelCard, you may request a barcode through this form.
Request Rush Cataloging for Items "In Process"
Please fill out the rush cataloging request form to rush items recently purchase by the Libraries that are listed as "in process".
Suggest A Purchase
The library welcomes your suggestions for purchases. You may submit a recommendation through this form to have it considered for inclusion in our collections.