The majority of the Health Sciences Library Collections are electronic, and only accessible to those with ACE account privileges, or with the ability to visit Lied Library or the Health Sciences Library and use guest computers.
A library barcode is required to checkout circulating and physical reserve materials, as well as register to use InterLibrary Loan services.
UNLV students, faculty, and staff with a RebelCard will have their barcode activated when they visit a library service desk to checkout an item for the first time. If you are remote from both campuses and wish to activate your barcode to register for Interlibrary Loan services, you may use the Library Barcode Registration Form.
School of Medicine community faculty and off-site clinical faculty typically do not obtain a RebelCard. These faculty may use the Library Barcode Registration Form to request a library barcode independently of a RebelCard.
UNLV Student, Faculty, and Staff Borrowers
All UNLV-affiliated users with library barcodes may borrow circulating materials from any UNLV Library, as well as the other NSHE institution libraries.
- Items on reserve may be borrowed for 4 hours, and late returns are subject to fines.
- Items checked out after 2pm Mon-Thurs may be borrowed overnight.
- Items checked out after 1pm on Friday may be borrowed over the weekend.
- To see items available on reserve, please see the Course Reserves page.
- Please see the Fees and Lost Items Guidelines for reserves fine policies.
Non-UNLV Affiliated Borrowers
Those affiliated with other NSHE institutions, non-UNLV affiliated healthcare providers, public school teachers, and members of the general public have borrowing privileges for circulating books. Please visit the Lied Library Access and Privileges page for more detailed information.