Books & More
The UNLV Libraries provides thousands of books, as well as DVDs, CDs, comics, and even anatomical models on loan. To find what is available, you can search the catalog by using the search bar in the top right of the screen.
Catalog Searching Tips
- Decide if you want to search:
- Everything in the collections by using keywords
- For a book
- For information from the library website
- It is not recommended that you search for articles through this interface.
- Please search via a database from our Database A-Z list or through a recommendation from a relevant Research Guide.
- Results are displayed much like a database with ways to narrow down your results on the right side of the screen.
Health & Medicine eBooks
The Health Sciences Library collections are over 98% digital with thousands of titles in several eBook collections that cover the basics through specialized research areas.
Click the links to the collections below in order to browse what we have available.
Core Clinical & Biological Titles
Specialty & Research Titles
Residents & Fellows can find suggestions for their specialties in the Medical Residents & Fellows Guide.
Faculty can place items required for classwork on reserve for time-limited checkouts at one of the UNLV Library locations. To see if your class text is on reserve, you can search the course reserves by course name or your professor’s last name.
- Be sure to double-check the location and availability.
- Read the borrowing policy and the fees policy to learn about these special items.
Medical Students can also use their Medical Students Guide to find all of the required and recommended texts for their classes.