Research Links: List of Databases, Course Reserves

Quick Search: Articles, newspapers, books and ebooks, videos and more. Results primarily available online but may also include books available in the library or articles that can be requested for email delivery from ILLiad.

Catalog: Books (including ebooks) and other items in UNLV Libraries. Does not search journal articles.

Library Information: Pages on library web site, for example research guides, library policies and procedures, hours and events.


Get Help

What are government publications?

Government publications are documents issued, published, or financed by local, state, federal, or international government agencies, such as the Department of Education, the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles, or the City of Henderson. Government publications come in many formats, including books, maps, periodicals, microforms, pamphlets, CD-ROMs, and Internet sites.


What types of maps are collected at Lied Library?

The Lied Library map collection contains a wide variety of maps, including maps accompanying environmental impact statements for federal and state land, U.S. Geological Survey, miscellaneous maps treated as government publications, and CD-ROMs containing maps that have been scanned or loaded as datafiles.


How do I find a particular map?

As of Fall 2013, the Map Cases are located on the 5th floor of Lied Library (northwest corner). Our large flat maps are located in these cases, and are called UNLV Maps in the online catalog. Folded maps are in the Government Publications stacks, and are called UNLV Gov Pubs.


Can I check out maps?

Most maps may be checked out of the library for the same circulation period as books.