Your first step in using the library is activating your Rebelcard barcode. This will allow you to checkout materials and create an interlibrary loan account.
You can activate your card at the Circulation Desk at Lied Library or any of our branch locations. Or you can submit a request online to activate your card here (may take up to three days to activate depending on library hours).
If you have questions or concerns about remote access issues, please contact the Lied Circulation Desk for more information.
Logging into "My Library Card" Online Account
What is “My Library Card?”
My Library Card is your primary library account, where you view items you have checked out, renew items, view any fines/fees, read messages about your items and account, and more. It does NOT include your interlibrary loan items, and it does NOT authenticate you for Off Campus Access, but you can:
- Set preferences for your current and future sessions so that they reflect the way you usually search, and save them for future sessions.
- Add items you found permanently to your Favorites for future use.
- Use library services such as requesting or recalling items
- Renew eligible items
To login to My Library Card:
Go to the library home page and click on “My Account” in the right hand navigation or go to the Quick Search (catalog/database search) directly. Click on "Sign-In" at the top of any page and click until login box pops up (for additional help - please click here)
- UNLV students, faculty and staff: login with ACE username and password
- Other Southern NSHE users: (CSN, NSC, DRI, UNLV Law) – Please login with at your home institution page to order materials from UNLV and monitor your activity at all locations.
- Public/Community Borrowers: (P12 Teachers, UNLV Alumni Paid Members, Public borrowers, etc.) Please contact the Lied Circulation Desk for your password and login information.
The system will block renewal if:
- Your library card has expired.
- You have overdue books.
- You owe money to the library.
- Your book is on "hold" for another patron.
- You have already renewed a book the maximum number of times allowed.
- It is too soon to renew.
Click Below for More Information:
- Off Campus Remote Access Authentication
- Logging into UNLV Library Workstations
- Your Interlibrary Loan Account (ILLiad)
Off Campus Access to Library Resources
UNLV Faculty, Students and Staff will be able to login to their library account to renew books, see due dates and view holds by going to the Libraries "QuickSearch" and logging in using their ACE Account and password. Online payment of fines and fees is currently NOT available.
Public Users (including paid Alumni and School Teachers): Please make sure you have an active library barcode and password from the Lied Library Circulation Desk or at a branch library service desk.
Using Computers in the Libraries
UNLV students, faculty and staff: Please use your ACE account and password to login to library computers. For help with your ACE account, please contact campus OIT help desk at 702-895-0777.
Other active, NSHE affiliated Users (NSC, CSN, UNR): Go to the Office of Information Technology (OIT) to pay a semester based, student technology fee and receive a specialized username and password. This will need to be renewed each semester. It will allow you not only to login to the Libraries' computers, but to use the campus computer labs as well. For OIT help locations, please click here.
Non-compensated UNLV affiliated personnel (clinical instructors, Med School adjuncts, etc.): Must have a sponsored ACE account with support from the affiliated UNLV college, school, department or research center http://oit.unlv.edu/forms/guest.
Visiting Scholars or Researchers (affiliated with UNLV): Must have a sponsored ACE account with support from the affiliated UNLV college, school, department or research center http://oit.unlv.edu/forms/guest.
UNLV Alumni with paid memberships: Please contact the Lied Circulation Desk for the creation of an internal computer use account.
Public Users: Specialized computer workstations that allow access to the libraries online materials and search tools are available. Please ask at a Library Service Desk for location and support.
Other Library Service Accounts
- ILLiad Interlibrary Loan (request books, articles and more from other libraries) NOTE: library barcode must be activated first.
- Ref Works (helping you to generate citations and bibliographies)
Other Campus Accounts
These resources are not part of University Libraries and we cannot assist you with your password for these services. Contact the Student Computer Help Desk, 895-0777, if you need further assistance.